Subject: flag post
Author:  seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org at Internet
Date:    1/21/99 9:09 PM

I am doing the lateral analysis of a detach garage. three sides of  the
builing have enought wall length for shear wall. The side with the
opening has no room for shear wall, so I am designing a steel post to
take the shear load.  In the design, I am doing the typical flag pole
where I checked the drift, and  bending of the steel post. my question
are..

1. Should I use Rw = 6 or 3?
2. Any info on how to design the base plate?
3. Any info on how to design the anchor bolts to take the moment at the
base?

--
Francisco Duarte
Lea and Sung Engineering, Inc.