RE; Plot OLE using AutoCAD LT 98

James:

> Question: how can we plot OLE?

I haven't used AutoCAD LT 98 yet, but if its plotting sub-system is like AutoCAD's, then you're likely to encounter problems when plotting OLE objects. In my experience, OLE objects sometimes don't plot correctly, depending on the plotter driver you're using and the nature of the OLE objects themselves. I haven't done any extensive testing to determine exactly when and why the plotting problems occur - I've just avoided using OLE with AutoCAD.

The OLE plotting problems usually are worse when you use an ADI driver, rather than AutoCAD's System Printer driver. I'm not sure whether LT supports ADI drivers, but if so, and if you're using one, try the System Printer driver instead.

One other thing: If you are using the System Printer driver, you probably want to turn off dithering. In AutoCAD R14, run the CONFIG command (or PREFERENCES, Printer) and choose the Modify button and then the Reconfigure button to change the configuration options. One of the System Printer driver options is "Allow dithered output" This option is turned on by default, which tells AutoCAD to approximate colors with patterns of dots when you plot. The results are pretty ugly if you're plotting the kinds of drawings that most people use AutoCAD for (line work in technical documents). Turn off dithering if you want AutoCAD to plot solid black lines for all colors.

- Mark Middlebrook