Subject: Italian Seismic Loads
Author:  Parkerres(--nospam--at)aol.com at fdinet
Date:    1/20/99 5:00 PM

To all:

We are currently designing a piece of artwork to be hung from a ceiling of a
musuem in Venice, Italy.  I would really appreciate it if someone could tell
me what is the correct seismic design coefficient for such a piece.  We are
currently basing our design on the 1994 UBC with Fp = ZICpWp = 0.80Wp,
assuming Z = 0.40 for seismic zone 4, I = 1.0 for nonessentials, and Cp = 2.00
for nonstructural components "signs and billboards" or "exterior and interior
ornamentations and appendages".

Your input is appreciated.

Ciao -

Bruce Resnick, SE