Re[2]: [StrucTX] Staad III software

Well, in a period of 18 months, we had three versions of Staad-III 22 namely 22.3, 22.3a and 22.3b. I thought that the newer the version, the better it is, well I am wrong. There were some enhancemens in every version, but I notice that there were more on the graphical side. The more they make the graphics better, in the instances that I have used the 22.3b, the slower the run time was. In 22.3a, if you edit in the editor and save it and exit to the graphic editor, it just won't save. Even their local supplier/lecturers here can't do anything about it. Guess what, I went back using 22.3.

For the times that I just can't rely on their concrete design on the post analysis side or just too *lazy* to do the designing of the structure's members, I would just go to ETABS or SAP. Thanks for the two, some days are better.

Jerome

Subject: RE: [StrucTX] Staad III software
Author:  MIME:polhemus(--nospam--at)insync.net at INTERNET
Date:    01/22/99 8:13 PM

I will tell you this--and this is a "private" list owned by me--Research Engineers DID "threaten" me by complaining to my bosses about statements made.

This is poppycock, however. No company is going to be sued by anyone for comments made by an employee on the internet.  The "burden of proof" in such a suit would be HUGE.

So don't worry about it.  Fire away (fwiw, the STAADUG mailing list contains some PRETTY INFLAMMATORY LANGUAGE sometimes, cursing the inadequacies of STAAD).

I realize that the powers-that-be in REI aren't necessarily cognizant of "American" ways of doing things, and that you can't expect to be a public entity, in a manner of speaking, without taking some flack if it is well deserved.

One of my gripes about the company is that they are essentially arrogant with regard to their customer's comments and constructive criticism.

There.  That oughta be enough to shake some of 'em out of the woodwork!