northern construction

What a difference a year makes.  Last year, at this time, I was designing a
structure in Kingston, Jamaica and now im grappling with the site
conditions and practises of Iqualit, North West Territories. Is anyone
familiar with the standard practise in northern construction of how to
transfer the wind shear at the ground floor to grade?  The building is a
two storey structure, supported on steel pile groups(adfreeze piles).
There are 5 to 4  6" piles at braced framed locations.  The standard bay
size is 5.7m by 5.7m and the bracing system (cheveron(k) bracing) to the
ground floor consists of Hss rectangular(4/5 x 3) sections.  The distance
between grade and the ground floor is aproximately 1.2 m (4').My problem is
how to transfer the wind shear from the ground floor to grade(permafrost).
The piles are relatively slender so I would assume their flexural
resistance is very limited.  I was thinking of coming up with another
system of chevron bracing but i have space limitations due to a utilideck
which runs beneath the structure and the compactness of the pile groups .
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Jon Turner