RE: Non Professionals doing Engineering

Well put Phil. I was wondering has anybody ever given a junior design
engineer a simple design task and had them come back with something you
didn't expect or knew was wrong? Often, when this happens, the engineer
in question didn't model something quite right, or the loading was
incorrect, etc. The point is that even though that engineer might not of
known the result they obtained was way off or didn't make sense, WE
should, as the more experienced engineer. I would worry if when somebody
designs something on a computer, and it is the first time they have
designed whatever they are designing, and they don't have another
colleague to "bounce it off of", so to speak. I know lots of you guys
work alone, but another set of eyes looking at weird computer output
works wonders to ferret out a logic or entry error in the input. Just a
thought.

	Monte Griffiths, S.E.