Re: Bolting issues, generation II

>We ran into a lot of bolts on a recent bridge job where the threads
>stripped off the bolt prior to the bolt breaking.
Did you do any testing on any of the bolts? My understanding of such
matters is that the female threads sohuld strip before the male therads,
and that heavy hex nuts have enough threads so that the bolt will break
before the threads strip. And I thought the threads are typically rolled,
not cut, although I can't find a reference on that other than the 3/4 in
galvanized bolt on my desk whose threads look rolled.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw