Re: National Research Council vs Local Fire Departments

To Montgomery Griffiths:

In a message dated 99-01-22 15:01:22 EST, you also wrote:

<< So Yank, count your blessings. You are lucky to have government agencies
 and structural engineers. Maybe your stucco cracks, maybe some repairs
 are required. Maybe even your house is a total loss. But I could almost
 guarantee that you will still be alive. If you take that for granted,
 the next time there is a earthquake in Iran, Russia or China, watch the
 news and see what it looks like. You'll be very glad you live here.

Since you have misinterpreted the whole concept of my message I think it will
be safer to let the sleeping dogs sleep.

By the way - I know I am very lucky to be able to live in this country and I
am thinking about it almost every day.

Have a good day