RE: Question regarding best analysis/design software

I am similarly interested in currently available analysis/design software applications. Another question would be what applications should be avoided due to limited, disappointing or poor performance?
Steve Smith, P.E.
Systems Stress
(425) 294-7681
M/S 02-56