	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Steven P. Osborn [SMTP:sposborn(--nospam--at)compuserve.com]
	Sent:	Tuesday, January 26, 1999 12:29 PM
	To:	SEAINTML
	Subject:	Question regarding best analysis/design software

	From:   Steven P. Osborn, 105422,501
	To:     SEAINT, INTERNET:admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org

	Date:   1/26/1999 11:42 AM

	RE:     Question regarding best analysis/design software

	I am looking for recommendations on the best structural analysis and
design
	software to purchase.  Ease of use, detailed output, fast
processing, and
	good support. are obvious criteria.  I am currently evaluating Risa
	Technologies, Research Engineers, CSI and Enercalc, RAM
International
	products.  I am interested in 3D as well as 2D analysis capabilities
and
	smooth integration with design modules and AutoCAD release 14.
Typical
	projects might include complex single story, long span steel framed
	structures or multistory office buildings (steel or concrete),
combined
	lateral load resisting systems (e.g. braced frames and shear walls
in same
	structure), steel or wood trusses, tilt-up concrete panels, tall
masonry
	walls, single and combined spread footings, continuous wall
footings, pile
	cap foundations, cantilever retaining walls, supported concrete
floor
	slabs/beams (one-way and two-way), concrete columns (square, round,
	rectangular), steel beams (continuous and simple span, non-composite
and
	composite), steel columns and beam/columns, steel connections
(moment,
	shear-tab, simple), etc.  There doesn't appear to be one vendor that
offers
	a universal package to cover all types of structural systems.  Any
thoughts
	would be greatly appreciated!

	Thanks,
	Steve Osborn, P.E.