RE: Question regarding best analysis/design software

I had been using RISA2D and no other 2D software is faster and easier to
use. I also checked RISA3D it is also fast, easy to learn and the graphics
are great and revising your structure after a analysis is a snap.

You should also consider Eaglepoints 2D/3D analysis including their
structural seriess softwares like Wind Analysis(ASCE7-95), QUICKWALL,Masonry
Design,and many more.
The Wind Analysis is really good in getting the wind loading given the
different types of structures, terrain conditions,etc.
Eaglepoint's 2D/3D Structural analysis program is actually a 2D and 3D
program in one package. If you know AUTOCAD then you already know how to
start using the software. It has  a built-in QUICK MODELER that quicky
create many different 3D structural frames like rectangular multistory,all
truss types,Dome,Tower,etc. It is not as fast in solution mode as the RISA3D
but its graphics input and editing is better.

I hope this helps