Re: Columbian Earthquake - Any first hand structural assessments?

Most of the damage occurred in one and two story houses, built with clay
masonry or in wood-adobe construction , with heavy roof loads due to the
use of clay tiles. We are also assuming that the most damage occurred in
zones of the towns that were above old landfills.  Most of the damage
occurred to very old dwellings. I still do not have any information
about 5 buildings (5 to 11 storys ) that collapsed in Armenia.
We expect to find out in the future that the damage was inversely
proportional to the quality of design/construction.  I will keep you
posted.

Juan Carlos Gray