RE: Question regarding best analysis/design software

I'll second that.  Ram Steel has probably done more for our office
productivity than any other analysis program for steel and composite design.
Plus its easy to learn and use.  STADD III--I have updates in my drawer that
never were installed on anyones machine because its too much trouble to
learn and use.  RISA products are also good.
Bruce C. Trobridge
Assistant Building Structural Engineer
NYS - Office of General Services