Church bells

I am reconstructing several bells in old church  here. The bells
are about 1000 lbs. The bells have bullet holes about 1
inch in diameter and the concrete counterweights were destroyed.

Problem

1. How heavy should the counterweights be so that the bells will stay
upright when at rest and swing 45 deg. on each side with a minimum push.

2. How to repair the holes to improve the bell tones. The bell metal is a
mixture of copper and tin. I am planning of welding it using
electrodes with matching base metal.

I will appreciate any help from you.

Alex C. Nacionales, C.E.
Iloilo City, Philippines