RE: Soil Pressure

OK, the math works using your assumption that the peak seismic soil pressure
would be 20H whether triangular or uniformly distributed - but according to
the soils reports I've seen the seismic pressures are much higher near the
ground surface, decreasing with depth, and it sounds as if this is what your
soils report is saying too, as I recall it.

BTW, if you're using UBC '94 and getting a seismic coefficient of .12 in
Zone 4, what are you using for Rw?  If I assume C defaults to 2.75 for a
stiff bldg, Rw backs out of the equation as 10 - can't think of any concrete
bldg system which goes this high.