Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: stainless steel spec[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: stainless steel spec
- From: "Bill Sherman" <SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: 27 Jan 99 19:52:07 -0500
Regarding stainless steel, Harold Sprague wrote: >Round stock is commonly available in ASTM A276 or ASTM A479. The most common grade with yield and tensile strengths greater than A36 is Type 316. < Harold - as you've previously noted on this listserver, Type 316 SS generally has a lower yield strength than 36 ksi. And Type 304 has similar strength to Type 316. Thus I don't agree with the above statement regarding strengths greater than A36.
- Prev by Subject: RE: stainless steel spec
- Next by Subject: RE: stainless steel spec
- Previous by thread: RE: stainless steel spec
- Next by thread: RE: stainless steel spec