From: Bill Sherman [mailto:SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 1999 5:52 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: stainless steel spec

Regarding stainless steel, Harold Sprague wrote:

>Round stock is commonly available in ASTM A276 or ASTM A479.  The most
common grade with yield and tensile strengths greater than A36 is Type 316.
<

Harold - as you've previously noted on this listserver, Type 316 SS
generally
has a lower yield strength than 36 ksi.  And Type 304 has similar strength
Type 316.  Thus I don't agree with the above statement regarding strengths
greater than A36.