From: Rodrigo Lema [mailto:rodrigolema(--nospam--at)softhome.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 1999 7:17 PM
To: seaint
Subject: Earthquake in Colombia.

    It would be interesting if there are any Colombian engineers in this
list (I think there are) to comment on the EQ.  For instance, I'm interested
in the following items:

a) What's the philosophy behind the Colombian seismic design codes?
b) Are they applied in everyday construction?
c) Predominant structural systems & materials.
d) More common types of failures.

    Also I think it would be great if these colleagues could send some
pictures to post in the seaint wwwsite.

    TIA.

Rodrigo Lema, Mendoza, Argentina (We still waitin' for our big one)