From: Dr. Ravi Sinha [mailto:rsinha(--nospam--at)civil.iitb.ernet.in]
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 1999 9:56 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Steel for Cryogenic Containers

Hi All,

I am planning to fabricate a container of suitable material in order
to store some concrete specimens under cryogenic conditions for testing
purposes.  I plan to use liquid nitrogen bath to cool the concrete
cubes to the required temperature.  I was wondering if anyone has
first-hand experience with suitable steel for such containers.
The container does not have to be very big, and adequate size
to accommodate 3 150-mm cubes is good enough for me.  I have also
inquired locally about suitable welding process, and have got
some replies.  However, I would like to know if anyone in the
netland has experience with steel suitable for such low temperatures.

Thanks in advance.

--
Ravi Sinha, Ph.D.		email: rsinha(--nospam--at)gemini.civil.iitb.ernet.in
Associate Professor		       rsinha(--nospam--at)civil.iitb.ernet.in