RE: Rivets

Yes, rivets may be replaced with bolts.  However you might want to specify
that the hole be reamed and a larger bolt installed if there is any visible
damage to the material surrounding the hole.  Note that the twist-off type
bolts discussed in a recent thread have a button head which appears very
similar to that of a rivet.

Chris Serroels
CH2M HILL
Sacramento