Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Missing Buck[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'SEAint Listserv'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Missing Buck
- From: "Caldwell, Stan" <scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 15:25:36 -0600
Every engineer needs to take a brief break every now and then. OK puzzle solvers! Lets see who can figure this one out first: Three guys go to a hotel, and get a room for $10 a piece, or a total of $30. They go up to their room, when the clerk realizes the room was only $25, not $30. So he gives $5 to the bellhop, and tells him to go rectify the matter. The bellhop then goes upstairs, and gives $1 to each guy, so they have now each paid $9 for the room, instead of $10. The Bellhop keeps $2 as a tip. Okay, you have 3 guys who each paid $9, for a total of $27, and $2 for the bellhop, which makes $29. Where did the extra dollar go?
- Prev by Subject: Re: Minimum thickness of nonbearing concrete wall
- Next by Subject: RE: Missing Buck
- Previous by thread: structutal software
- Next by thread: Re: Missing Buck