Re: STAAD Pro

Original message:
>.From: BSmithSE(--nospam--at)aol.com
>Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 10:15:13 EST
>To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
>Subject: Re: STAAD Pro
>

>I too feel nervous about upgrading to STAAD-Pro.  I've been using StAAD-3
v 21
>for about 3 years and I've learned to work my way around its glitches.
The
>upgrade price is under $1,000.00 and to change to the SAP2000 is $5,000+ I
>believe.  What should do, what should do!!
>

>Brad Smith

I have recently had the opportunity to get familiar with SAP2000.  It is
mostly aimed at power-users, and priced accordingly.  However, I believe it
is worth the expense if you require dynamic or non-linear analysis
capabilities.  Tech Support is first-rate and documentation is extensive.
The educational version is available for free download from their FTP site
at: ftp://ftp.csiberkeley.com/WebDLD/SAP2000/Demo .

Reed Figley
Morrison Knudsen Engineers and Constructors
P.O. Box 73
Boise, ID USA 83729
(208)386-5132
reed_figley(--nospam--at)mk.com