Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Masonry slender wall lap splices[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Masonry slender wall lap splices
- From: RDAHLMANN(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 23:23:30 EST
I am looking for input on lap splices in reinforcing of slender masonry walls. 1994 UBC section 2108.2 - formula 8-22 provides for additional lap length in slender walls. This can go up to 65 bar diameters after dividing by phi. I cannot find any information to support where this came from and the necessary uses of it. My masonry bible (Amrhein) doesn't mention this in the latest and greatest addition. Any input would be appreciated Richard Dahlmann, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Marine Piers
- Next by Subject: Masonry slender wall lap splices
- Previous by thread: Re: New Steel Designations
- Next by thread: Masonry slender wall lap splices