Cope, Block & Cut

AISC's Manual for connections design refers to cope,(or block or cut) in
the section on "Shear Connections".  Do the three words mean the same?
If not, what are the relative advantages and disadvantages between each
of these?  If these are all different from each other, will the
connection capacities be different too?

Also, Figure 3-20 in the book, shows three different ways of cutting one
half of the flange only: "Cut-not chip", "Burn flush" and "Cut & chip or
Cut flush".  Any differences between these in terms of connection
capacities, functionality of the connection and ease of fabrication?

Although it is a book on connection, I was unable to find answers to my
questions in the book.

Rajendran