Re: Stamping Calculations & (Plan Checking Effort)

Interesting comment, however with today's litigious climate even minor drafting
slips seem to have devastating consequences. With a well conceived set of
construction documents and calculations one should not be too worried about a
"pesky" plan checker.

I'm not so naive as to think all plan checks are worthy of being considered
"educational", "instructive", or what we might call professional development.
But...it does often give us a breather in production, and sometimes results in
enlightenment.

My real reason for tagging onto this thread (and modifying the subject line..)
is to pose the question, how much time (effort?) do we think is appropriate for
review for building permits? Do we really want more/better "public" review? Are
we willing to participate in independent, peer level review, and if so who
should/would benefit. How does this get paid for?

Barry H. Welliver
Draper, UT