Re: Stamping Calculations & (Plan Checking Effort)

Local Jurisdiction Plan Checking is never to be used as your check for your
plans and calculations.

This is also legally true. Both the checker and Local Jurisdiction are free
of
 most liability. Liability is one control of quality.

I have heard of recommendations to reduce Local Jurisdiction
Plan Checking power because of its misunderstood responsibility.

Many times I have heard owners denounce my discovery of a design error or
 construction error soley because the Local Jurisdiction had completed
checks and inspections.

David B. Merrick, SE