Re: Stamping Calculations

As an addition to this thread,

The plan check is not intended to be the end all final review of your
contract documents.  It is true that plan check is intended to ensure
building code compliance, but it is entirely unrealistic to expect plan
check to be the place where a thorough review will identify any mistakes or
problems in the design.

When we stamp the drawings and calculations we are accepting responsibility
for the accuracy and completeness of our work.  The plan check agency does
not share in this responsibility or liability.

Paul Feather PE