Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Grading Agency/Rules for Vigas???[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: SEAOC Listservice <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Grading Agency/Rules for Vigas???
- From: Roger Turk <73527.1356(--nospam--at)CompuServe.Com>
- Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 13:35:58 -0500
I got a call yesterday from someone who needed vigas "graded and stamped." He said that a local jurisdiction was now requiring this. I have never heard of a viga grading rule writing agency nor have I ever heard of vigas being grade stamped and I told the person that. Am I "out of the loop" on this? Is there such an animal? BTW, I am familiar enough with the grading rules of WCLIB and WWPA to know that *I,* and most structural engineers should not be involved in grading lumber and would have turned down the job even if it involved sawn lumber. A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural) Tucson, Arizona
- Prev by Subject: RE: grade 3.6, 4.6, 4.8, ..., means.
- Next by Subject: Re: Grading Agency/Rules for Vigas???
- Previous by thread: (no subject)
- Next by thread: Re: Grading Agency/Rules for Vigas???