From: Bill Polhemus <poly(--nospam--at)flash.net>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Date: Saturday, January 30, 1999 7:36 AM
Subject: [Fwd: [StrucTX] Debunking the "Scarry Facts" Recently Posted]

--- Begin Message ---
When I saw the recent post on SEAINT about the "ravages" of Aspartame, it
"smelled" to me like YAIH (Yet ANOTHER Internet Hoax).

Well, turns out I was right.

See the following URL for details:
http://www.foxnews.com/js_index.sml?content=/health/wires2/0129/h_ap_0129_7.
sml

Just a word of caution: The Internet is a wonderful source for information.
Unfortunately, being pretty much anarchy, it is also agreat source for
MISinformation. When you read it on the 'net, be INSTANTLY skeptical.

Regards to all.

NB: Oh, and in the interests of "full disclosure", I don't KNOWINGLY own any
stock in the manufacturers NUTRASWEET or any other Aspartame-based product
(although I can't vouch for what Fidelity Investments might have in my
401k).  In fact, I can't STAND Aspartame, in any form or product.  It's just
that I hate the ease with which misinformation on ANY subject can be spread
on the 'net, and the credulity with which so many greet such yarns.