Re: Missing Buck

Hi, Stan:

Have you received any answers, yet, for the puzzle?  Well, here is my solution
to your problem.

It is  a very cleverly worded puzzle in the sense that the disbursement and
receipt of money in different transactions are mixed up. Once the clerk returns
$5 through the bellhop, then $25 ($30-$5) must be balanced, and not the original
transaction of $30.  So, as against $25 chargeable for the room, the 3 guys pay
a total of $27 out of which the clever bellhop keeps $2.  Therefore, $25
received by the clerk and $2 received by the bellhop is balanced by $27 paid by
the guys.

Rajendran