Re: Grading Agency/Rules for Vigas???

In a message dated 1/30/99 13:42:49 Eastern Standard Time,
73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com writes:

> I have never heard of a viga grading rule writing agency nor have I ever
>  heard of vigas being grade stamped and I told the person that.  Am I "out
of
>  the loop" on this?  Is there such an animal?

Despite your admitted ignorance on this subject you are apparently (and as
usual) at least one step ahead of me on this.  What is a viga?  I looked in my
dictionary and Architectural Graphic Standards which are without definitions
for viga.  The next step I suppose is www.viga.org, or ask Roger.
Jan Harris, PE
Virginia Beach, VA