Re: Grading Agency/Rules for Vigas???

Jan,

A viga is a pole type roof beam used in Mexican and Indian (Native American)
type construction.  Something like a telephone pole installed as a beam.
Probably most common in New Mexico, Arizona and California; probably unheard
of in Virginia. <G>  (BTW, viga is defined somewhat in Webster's Ninth
Collegiate Dictionary.)

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Jan Harris wrote:

. > Despite your admitted ignorance on this subject you are apparently (and as
. > usual) at least one step ahead of me on this.  What is a viga?  I looked
. > in my dictionary and Architectural Graphic Standards which are without
. > definitions for viga.  The next step I suppose is www.viga.org, or ask
. > Roger.
. >