Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Determination of Seismic Performance Category for a Specific Site[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'Seaint'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Determination of Seismic Performance Category for a Specific Site
- From: "Zhang, Zhigang" <ZZHANG(--nospam--at)MitsuiBabcock.com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 08:56:00 -0000
- Cc: "Khabbazan, Mehdi" <MKHABBAZAN(--nospam--at)MitsuiBabcock.com>, "Bhatti, Sohan S" <SBHATTI(--nospam--at)MitsuiBabcock.com>
Dear Sirs, We are a British Company, "Mitsui Babcock", currently involved in the design of a power station in China. The seismic design of the project should be in accordance with UBC 97 according to the Client's requirements and the basic seismic acceleration of the site has been reported as being equal to 0.1g. According to UBC 97, there are four categories for structures based on which the necessary seismic provisions are decided. In order to determine a category, according to Table 2-2 of Chapter 22, Div IV, the Effective Peak Velocity-Related Acceleration, Av, for the site under consideration is required. We would appreciate your comments on the following points regarding the above: 1). Can the value of Av be decided by using the value of the site design acceleration? 2). If the answer to question 1) is No, what relationship we should use to obtain Av value? Your assistance is highly appreciated. Zhigang Zhang
- Prev by Subject: RE: Determination of Seismic Performance Category for a Specific Site
- Next by Subject: different metals
- Previous by thread: Re: Grading Agency/Rules for Vigas???
- Next by thread: flame cutting of steel frame