flame cutting of steel frame

Hello everyone

I want to cut a temporary steel member from main column with flame.

For a temporary support, I welded it to the column and now, It should be
removed.

I guess heating will chagne the property of steel column and cause redution
of strength, ductility etc.

But, I want it should be clean with no remnant of temporary steel member in
column.

How much should I separate the cutting point with main column causing no
change of steel property?

Where can I get the information?

Thanks in advance.

S.C.Jeong, Enginner