RE: Colombian Earthquake - Jan.25,1999

In fact, there are old buildings around the world. Usually we clasified
them according its importance. Historical, historic buildings are updated
and its seismic behave is preserved. Most of this cases, governement is
the owner.

Even having the best methods to evaluate seismic performance, teaching
suchs methods to our undergraduate students. That I am really worry about
are those one or two  stories URM buildings, clasified as common
structures. Were owner says "Ok, I have an unsafe building but there is no
money".

Is possible to draw a risk zonification with hazard mitigation purposes.
But this no changes real feact that we are seeing.