Re: Dinner Meeting Attendence

In a message dated 2/2/99 10:30:50 AM Pacific Standard Time, seaint-
ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org writes:

<<
 Can you or someone else suggest some topics, and maybe speakers?
  >>Shafat:
 1.    I would like to see a slide presentation of the Columbia earthquake
within the next couple months.

2.     The best attended tri counties meeting were practical retaining wall
design ( including basics ) by Fred Schott, liquifaction  by Tom Blake, Light
frame underpinning by Bill Crouch. All of these dinner meetings included
extensive handout instructions ( at no cost ).

reguarding attendance :

 1.    I would recommend the board of directors encourage and announce
committee chairmen attend dinner meetings so the general members could meet
them and see if they would like to join a committee. How about having some
committee meetings prior to the dinner meetings at the same place?

2.     How about testing the OES telephone tree monthly or bi monthly with the
message of : why don't we get together at the dinner meeting social hour.

3.     Test having a lunch meeting. This is usual for ICBO and APWA for
example. It would attract a different segment of SEAOC.

4.      Use a computer program like Winfax to send a reminder to members the
Mon before the Wed meeting. This is already done for about 100 people prior to
the tri-county meetings.

Hope that helps. I'll be at the dinner meeting tomorrow so maybe i'll see you
there.

      Tom Harris