From: Harold Sprague
To: 'Zhang, Zhigang'
Subject: RE: Relationship Between Av and Z
Date: 1999Äê2ÔÂ2ÈÕ 15:33PM

The problem that we have is that the derivation of Z was as much political
as it was scientific.  I have information of seismicity throughout the world
including China.  If you send me the location of your site I will be able to
give you a reasonable estimation of Z and Av.

Regards,
Harold Sprague, P.E., Chief Structural Engineer
The Neenan Company
2620 E. Prospect Ave., Suite 100
Fort Collins, CO 80525
voice 970-416-7298