From: Stan Mulder
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Runway beam
Date: Thursday, February 04, 1999 12:15PM

What details are suitable for overhead crawl beam expansion joints. Usually
gaps at joints should be kept as small as possible (2 mm or say 1/8 ins) to
enable the trolley wheel to pass smoothly over the joint. Sometimes it is
necessary to use a long crawl and introduce expansion joints. Possible
cutting the bottom flange at 45 degrees and reinforcing the bottom flange.
How big can this gap be (3/8 ins) ? Is there some way of making the gap as
large as 1 ins ?

Thanks..