Practical floor vibration information on Web.

Our practical information for preventing bouncy residential floors is now
accessible on the Web at two sites:
http://www.inspectamerica.com/html/bouncing_floors.html
http://www.aecinfo.com/featuring/bouncy_01.html
The actual paper:
Woeste, Frank and Dan Dolan. 1998.  Beyond code: Preventing floor
vibration.  Journal of Light Construction 17(1):69-71.
is available by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to me at the
address below.   The paper gives practical design rules for preventing
bouncy floors when using solid-sawn joists, I-joists, and floor trusses.
Frank Woeste, P. E.
Frank E. Woeste, Ph. D., P. E.
Biological Systems Engineering
Virginia Tech