Re: Concrete Column Retrofit using Carbon Fiber/Tevlar Wrap

Paul,

Major providers of CFRP / GFRP systems for seismic retrofit and
external strengthening of concrete/masonry elements are:

SIKA, MasterBuilders, Fyfe, Structural Composites (S&P), XXsys
Technologies, QuakeWrap, Mitsubishi, Hardcore, Snap-Tite.

Extensive research has been completed at such prestigious Universities
as UCSD, UCI, UCB, Penn State, Oregon State, UNIV Washington, Univ
UTAH, Arizona, Manitoba, South Florida, Georgia Tech, Lehigh, USC,
Mississippi, Lawrence, Sherbrooke, Wisconsin - Madison, West Virginia,
Wyoming, Illinois-Champaign, Michigan,, Missouri-Rolla, Utah State,
Iowa State, and others.

Organizations heavily involved in such research are ASCE-HITEC, NIST,
USACERL, USAE Waterways, FHWA, State DOTS, Research Council of Canada,
NAVFAC.

Aren't you glad you asked !!

Having more than 15 years progressive engineering and technical
knowledge of high performance advanced composite materials for
structural use (teflon coated fiberglass,silicone coated fiberglass,
hypalon coated kevlar, CFRP, GFRP,et al)  , I am now offering - at my
wife and kids urging - structural consulting services in this field to
whoever requires unabashed, unbiased, direct, timely and clear
assistance, guidance, presentations, professional opinions, reviews
and  specifications related to the design, selection and installation
of such advanced composite systems.

James Korff, PE, PMP
SEAOC/ASCE/ACI/EERI/ICRI/ICBO
Structural Composites Consulting

985 E. Hillsdale Blvd, Suite 128
Foster City, CA 94404-2112
Landline Phone/Fax 650-345-1355
Cellular/Voice Mail/Messages 650-796-8997
Cyber-Mail: jameskorff(--nospam--at)aol.com
            jgkorff(--nospam--at)yahoo.com

"May the DISPLACEMENT be With You !!"

---"P. & S. Guthrie" <guthrie(--nospam--at)fix.net> wrote:

> I am interested in information on material sources and methods of
> construction for using this material for retrofitting reinforced
concrete
> columns. It is needed both to confine epoxy grout and
provide/supplement