Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Scissor Truss[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Scissor Truss
- From: "Greg Smith" <strusup(--nospam--at)gte.net>
- Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 09:19:55 -0600
The "classic" scissor truss configuration is with a vertical brace from the peak of the bottom chord to the joint of the top chord. There will be a tensil force in the vertical member so it is required. The difference between the slopes of the bottom and top chords from horizontal determines the amount of tension in the vertical member.
- Prev by Subject: Scissor Truss
- Next by Subject: Re: Scissor Truss
- Previous by thread: Scissor Truss
- Next by thread: Re: Scissor Truss