Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Scissor Truss[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Scissor Truss
- From: "Greg Smith" <strusup(--nospam--at)gte.net>
- Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 10:54:13 -0600
As long as the top chord is braced I wouldn't see any need for the lower chord to be braced unless the difference between the angles of the chords is very small and the roof pitch is low which would approach a balanced design and reduce stability.
If the structure is in a high seismic risk zone a brace to a joint in tension could be detrimental.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Scissor Truss
- Next by Subject: Re: Scissor Truss
- Previous by thread: Re: Scissor Truss
- Next by thread: Re: Scissor Truss