Re: Concrete Column Retrofit using Carbon Fiber/Tevlar Wrap

No.1 - By the time all restrictions were removed from the Memo to
Caltrans designers addressing Composites , there were no more circular
columns left to wrap. Phase I and Phase II columns all have Heavy
Metal Jackets.

No.2 - CALTRANS does what CALTRANS does.

No.3 - Existing wraps are Santa Monica Freeway, San Elijo Bridge, Yolo
Causeway.

No.4 - Arroyo Seco - arch bridge - was caught in the netherlands of
Research vs Contracts. Yet to be finished.

No.5 - Caltrans is not the only DOT. Check with WashDOT, ODOT, UDOT,
MoDOT, NYDOT, SCDOT, IDOT, FLDOT, GEORGIADOT, NVDOT, et al.

That's it for now.

jgk

---Nd1942(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> If it's so well researched, how come I never see Caltrans using it?

==
James Korff, PE, PMP, SEAONC
985 E. Hillsdale Blvd, Suite 128, Foster City, CA 94404
Phone/Fax 650-345-1355
Cellular/Voice Mail/Messages 650-796-8997
Cyber-Mail: jameskorff(--nospam--at)aol.com  jgkorff(--nospam--at)yahoo.com

"May the DISPLACEMENT be With You !!"