Re: Structural Steel and Reinforced Concrete Connections

In a message dated 2/7/99 5:47:01 PM, mtdingen(--nospam--at)sol.racsa.co.cr writes:
>	2. I'm planning to connect the WF with two angles welded to web, then
>the other angle's legs welded to a steel plate embeded in one side of
>the concrete girder.  The idea is to minimize torsional moment in the
>concrete girder.

Mario, it seems like this will transmit a significant amount of moment to the
embedded plate, although not as much as if the beam flanges were connected.
Have you considered some sort of seat connection, with a beam web angle for
stability (with slotted holes in the beam to allow rotation)?

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA