ACI 318 Appendix C

I am designing a building using both concrete and steel elements using ACI
318-95 strength design and LRFD 2nd ed., respectively.  I would like to use
a uniform set of load cases for both, which is provided for by Appendix C
of the former.  The problem is that LRFD has gone to the ASCE 7-95 load
combinations, where earthquake (E) is multiplied by 1.0.  This disagrees
with ACI Appendix C, which references the ASCE 7-88 load combinations,
where E is multiplied by 1.5.  Does anybody know how this is currently
being handled?  Has ACI issued an addendum addressing this?

Further, does anybody know of a reason why this approach would be
undesirable?

Reed Figley, P.E.
Boise, Idaho
reed_figley(--nospam--at)mk.com