Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Effective Length[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Effective Length
- From: "E.B.Davison, P.Eng." <rndeng(--nospam--at)planet.eon.net>
- Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 12:48:49 -0700
See 9.3.1 through 10.2.2 CSA S16.1- 94 and Mr. Turk's comments . Euler wasn't all that wrong either. A reference text suggested is "Limit States Design in Structural Steel" by Adams, Krentz and Kulak published by CISC. If you get a copy see p. 75, 87, and 98. KL is the length between points of inflection (zero mement) on the buckled shape.
Good Luck, B.Davison, P.Eng.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Effective Length
- Next by Subject: Effective Length
- Previous by thread: RE: Effective Length
- Next by thread: Effective Length