Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Concrete specifications[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Concrete specifications
- From: "Bill Sherman" <SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: 08 Feb 99 19:39:02 -0500
I am an Associate Member of ACI Committee 301 and there is some discussion of how ACI codes and standard specifications are intended to be used in the committee. So I would like some input from other practicing engineers on how they use ACI documents to specify concrete: 1. Do you specify concrete by reference to ACI 301 or do you have your own concrete specification independent of ACI 301? 2. If you reference ACI 301 from your project specifications: a) Do you reference ACI 301 in full or only portions of it? b) Do you also reference other standard ACI specifications (such as 306.1 for Cold Weather Concreting, etc)? or Standard Practices (such as ACI 308 or Curing Concrete)? or ACI "Guides" (such as 305R for Hot Weather Concreting or 350R for Environmental Engineering Concrete Structures)? c) Do you reference the ACI 318 Building Code from your project specifications? 3. Have you encountered any problems with inconsistencies between ACI 301 and another ACI code or standard specification?
- Prev by Subject: Re: Concrete Poles
- Next by Subject: Re: Concrete specifications
- Previous by thread: Re: Fema 310
- Next by thread: Re: Concrete specifications