Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Effective Length Factors[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Effective Length Factors
- From: Waterman Drinkwater <Drinkwater(--nospam--at)EQUATION.COM>
- Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 14:05:39 -0500
> ---------- > From: Rafael Sabelli[SMTP:Sabelli(--nospam--at)dasse.com] > Reply To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org > Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 1999 1:32 PM > To: 'SEAINT' > Subject: Effective Length Factors > factors. I would like to know the method employed > by these programs (such as STAAD Pro); is the > consistent geometric stiffness matrix used? I doubt > that classical stability methods (Euler's equations of > neutral equilibirum) are being employed. > > I don't know how STAAD Pro handles the length factors. IFAS uses consistent geometric stiffness matrix with some modifications. The entire procedure is in parallel. Drinkwater
- Prev by Subject: Effective Length Factors
- Next by Subject: Eiffel Tower 2
- Previous by thread: Effective Length Factors
- Next by thread: Advice on Filed Experience.