Advice on Filed Experience.

I would appreciate any respond

I see that there are lots of people interested in the P.E. exam results.

As a junior engineer myself, I am close to that point where I would be
taking the exam.
But there are other issues that concern me most at this point  in my
career.  I have been working for almost two years and
in such span of time I have been able to learned  three times as much as
what I had learned in school.  The only thing is that I hardly go out to
the field. My field experience is limited. Any suggestion on how to
improve in such important area in my career.  For those Engineers that
have field experience  or are working with a junior engineer , How do
you provide growth to the Junior Engineer in field knowledge or how you
obtained your experience? And for the Junior Engineers "E.I.T." How are
you obtaining knowledge about construction methods and field experience?

For me, I have been asking my boss for years, but there is so much work
that he does not have time to take me.  The other option is to go by
myself to the field, which I am planning to do in the near future. The
only problem is that I will be at the mercy of the contractors and
alone, which means no supervision to guide me through the rights and
wrongs in construction.
I thank you all in advance for your opinions.

Million thanks,

Francisco Duarte, E.I.T.