Re: FEMA 310 (302)

Dear Brian,

Thanx for responding to me.  When I initially looked at the table I
thought the same thing, but when you look at the definitions for soil
type D (shear wave less than 600 ft/sec) I see another problem.
Easily half the San Fernando Valley and much of the South Bay would
probably fall into that category.

Do all buildings in Los Angeles area, and maybe the San Francesco Bay
area require soil reports to conform to IBC 2000.  Even a one story
house.

What do you think?